Hello Everyone! I hope you are having the most wonderful weekend.
I am super excited about this post because in the history of my blog, if you can call it history, I have only posted one dessert and that was the simple chocolate-covered strawberries.
Now, (drumroll, please) I will share with you another… one that I have hoped to master since being a kid on a field trip where we got to eat at Chili’s.
Those nights spent waiting through the 40 minute wait for a big dinner party to be seated,
then the wait to order
AND the wait all-the-way-through dinner,
to get my favorite dessert of all time, their Chocolate Molten Lava Cake.
Ooooooh, how I adored this treat with its crispy outside and gooey, syrupy inside. The combination of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with the hot chocolate cake, simply perfection.
These days, I’m sorry Chili’s, eating their just isn’t an option. On a strict gluten-free, dairy-free, iffy-food free diet I had to come up with a recipe myself to enjoy this treat again. So with no further a-do check it out! Let me know what you think.
Serves: 6 Prep time: 10 minutes Baking time: 10-13 minutes
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free/dairy-free chocolate chips (I used Chocolate Dream)
- 1 stick of vegan baking butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour (Pamela’s Artisan Flour Blend)
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a medium-sized mixing bowl melt chocolate and butter in microwave for 1 to 1.5 minutes. Whisk until combined.
3) Add eggs and vanilla; and whisk.
4) Add powdered sugar and flour; whisk until thoroughly combined.
5) Grease 6 places in muffin pan and fill with batter. (You can use greased paper cups if you would like.)
6) Bake for 10-13 minutes. To know it’s done, look for the cracking on the surface.
7) Let sit for 8-10 minutes before carefully easing out with a large spoon, first separating the edges from the pan before scooping out.
Elevation note: Here in Reno, at a pretty high elevation, 10 minutes was more than enough to keep these babies perfectly.
Serve with dairy-free whipped cream, berries, syrup, or ice-cream. What else could we serve alongside this decadent dessert?